Women´s Association: Activities in March
- Published on Friday, 07 March 2014 13:23
2. Monday, March 10, 5 p.m. in the Convento: Pilar Pérez, Equality minister in the Diputación Provincial, swill give a talk on “DIA INTERNACIONAL DE LA MUJER Y SU SIGNIFICADO”, with videos.
3. Thursday, March 20, at 11 a.m., in the Salón de Actos, Town Hall, a meeting organized by the Consejería de Salud: “POR UN MILLON DE PASOS”. The Asociation has participated in this presentation in years past and it was quite interesting.
4. Friday, March 21, 5 p.m., at the Convento, the anual General Meeting.
Asociación de Mujeres: Actividades programadas
The Three Kings, Gaucin, 2014
- Published on Tuesday, 07 January 2014 09:09
This year “La Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos,” a Spanish tradition of the holy week involving the three kings, was much smaller than in past years, and there were no presents for the children at the church, but we hope that next year we can solve these problems. “La Cabalgata” left from the Convento, went all throughout the town, and finally returned to where it started. The kings rode their horses together while the children were in tractors throwing candies, which were delicious! There was less candy this year but in the end it didn´t matter because the important thing is that the parade for the benefit of the children, who did not care that the festivities were smaller than usual. At least our children continued running for candies and having fun on this day that is celebrated just once a year. Go to the picture gallery for more fotos of Reyes.
Open Studio set for Sunday, December 1
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 14:52
There will also be a selection of exclusive hand-made textiles by Jos Bekker.
Many of the items on exhibit are also for sale.
To be held Sunday, December 1, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., at Finca Fuentezuela, just off the A405 from Gaucin to San Roque at km. 8.5 -- between Almuña and La Hoya. Tel: 619 199 204/620 851 795.
Victoria Orr-Ewing will conduct a non residential course in oil painting at the end of January, 2014.
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 14:47
The course will be for six days on either side of a week end, 3 days before and 3 after. This would give plenty of drying time to started pieces in order to continue with glazes etc, always a problem with oil courses.