Gordon Ramsay visits Gaucin and Restaurant La Granada Divino
- Published on Tuesday, 08 July 2014 21:37
La Granada Divino is headed up by Chef Neil Brown, formerly of Scotts (London) and Harvey Nichols. Under the guidance and attention of Gordon Ramsay Chef Neil Brown has created a superb menu offering affordable food with locally sourced ingredients, a spin on old-fashioned Spanish fare with local, regional and international cuisine.
There are reworked Andalucian recipes, e.g., chilled avocado, cumber and basil soup, mixed platters of starters to share, changing main courses, and great desserts such as the Panacotta, Frangipane and Apricot tart. Delicious pizzas, pastas and ice creams are also on the menu. The wines are selected exclusive Spanish wines sourced from Spanish family owned vineyards.
La Fructuosa restaurant is reopening June 4 with a new chef
- Published on Monday, 02 June 2014 11:41
This season there is a new cook, Victor Corchado. Formed as chef in the Escuela “Antonio Granero” and the Escuela Superior de Hostelería y Agroturismo de Extremadura, he has worked in the following restaurants: “La Posada de Maria” de Malpartida, “Hotel Barceló V Centenario” de Cáceres, “Atrio” de Cáceres (a restaurant with two stars Michelin), “Martín Berasategui” de San Sebastián (restaurant with 3 stars), “Poncio” de Sevilla, and the “Ágape” de Salamanca. He was a finalist in the cooking contest 2013 de Extremadura “Espiga de Oro”.
In the photo: Luis and Jesus on the roof terrace of la Fructuosa.
Summer course of Pilates begins this week
- Published on Monday, 02 June 2014 11:39
All the equipment is available on site: fitballs, peanuts,foamrollers, therabands, theraballs, etc.
Maria Terol teaches a pure Pilates technique, influenced by the methods of Feldenkrises, Gyrokinesis and Martha Graham. She has been teaching Pilates, yoga and dance for more tan ten years. She is a certified professor of Polestar Pilates, The Pilates Method Alliance, the International Yoga School, the International Yoga Federation and the European Yoga Alliance. For seven years she was the director of the Centro Inspira Pilates in Ronda.
Art Gaucín 10th Open Studios celebrates second weekend starting May 30
- Published on Monday, 26 May 2014 15:35
Restaurant Granada Divino now open to the public
- Published on Monday, 26 May 2014 15:33
La Fructuosa Hotel won the prize for best touristic establishment from the newspaper Malaga Rural
- Published on Monday, 26 May 2014 15:32
Raw food and Yoga course offered from June 7th to 14th June.
- Published on Monday, 26 May 2014 15:13
Women´s Association: Activities in March
- Published on Friday, 07 March 2014 13:23
2. Monday, March 10, 5 p.m. in the Convento: Pilar Pérez, Equality minister in the Diputación Provincial, swill give a talk on “DIA INTERNACIONAL DE LA MUJER Y SU SIGNIFICADO”, with videos.
3. Thursday, March 20, at 11 a.m., in the Salón de Actos, Town Hall, a meeting organized by the Consejería de Salud: “POR UN MILLON DE PASOS”. The Asociation has participated in this presentation in years past and it was quite interesting.
4. Friday, March 21, 5 p.m., at the Convento, the anual General Meeting.
Asociación de Mujeres: Actividades programadas
The Three Kings, Gaucin, 2014
- Published on Tuesday, 07 January 2014 09:09
This year “La Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos,” a Spanish tradition of the holy week involving the three kings, was much smaller than in past years, and there were no presents for the children at the church, but we hope that next year we can solve these problems. “La Cabalgata” left from the Convento, went all throughout the town, and finally returned to where it started. The kings rode their horses together while the children were in tractors throwing candies, which were delicious! There was less candy this year but in the end it didn´t matter because the important thing is that the parade for the benefit of the children, who did not care that the festivities were smaller than usual. At least our children continued running for candies and having fun on this day that is celebrated just once a year. Go to the picture gallery for more fotos of Reyes.
Open Studio set for Sunday, December 1
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 14:52
There will also be a selection of exclusive hand-made textiles by Jos Bekker.
Many of the items on exhibit are also for sale.
To be held Sunday, December 1, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., at Finca Fuentezuela, just off the A405 from Gaucin to San Roque at km. 8.5 -- between Almuña and La Hoya. Tel: 619 199 204/620 851 795.